Aldersgate Services Prevention Programs
Working with schools and the community, our substance abuse prevention programs help reduce and prevent substance abuse among children, teens, and young adults.
Our programs successfully target reduction of use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, inhalants and other substances of abuse as well as other at-risk behaviors. Within the programs, our counselors also address issues such as positive decision making and healthy living.
- Are highly interactive, hands-on
- Are engaging, and for younger children, fun activities promote learning
- Promote self-esteem and positive peer feelings using evidence-based programs
- Provide positive decision-making skills
- In-classroom education
- School-based student support groups
- Parent education
- Workshops on healthy living
- Various community events
- Teen rap sessions/discussion groups
- Assisting community-based coalitions
- In-service teacher and school staff training
Deborah Sapin-Feldstein, Executive Director at 215-657-4545